Monday, September 13, 2010

You've got to be kidding me

     The feast of the exaltation of the cross, need I say more? A week ago the gospel reading was 'whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple'. Well crap, if that's the standard then no wonder no one follows. I mean can't we just discuss this over coffee or something? Picking up something painful and heavy is not my idea of fun, and I'm suppose to want to do that? Why exactly?
English not being my first language I looked it up, to will is 'to intend', while to want is 'to desire'.
I don't want to help Peachy practice (and get whined at); I don't want to pick up dirty clothes and wash; I don't want to travel; I don't want to go to gymnastics meets; I don't want to go to church, and sometimes I don't want to pray (yes prayer whore would like a few days off); I don't want to go a single night without tucking my kids into bed, or be without my husband; I don't want to be the optimist in a room of pessimists. I don't want to do a lot of things, but I do them. Does that make me a saint OR a disciple? Hardly, but it's my lousy best.

No comments:

Post a Comment