Monday, September 20, 2010

Joy

I loathe attending gymnastics practice. The seats are uncomfortable, there is no proper place to view the practice and I can’t communicate to sir monkeyness, so why go? He enjoys it when I attend. He suppresses all emotions of course (if I didn’t know better I’d think him German) but his heart skips a beat & his eyes light up when I walk in unexpected. My presence albeit in discomfort, irritation, and boredom brings him great joy and in a strange way brings me joy.
         Isn’t this similar to doing those little acts of kindness for our Lord? The curbed tongue when you want to lash out at someone, the kindness shown instead of your foul mood, inconveniencing yourself for the sake of someone else and forgiving those who’ve hurt us? These things bring great joy to our Lord and if we remember this, it just might overwhelm us with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment