Friday, September 24, 2010

On the corner of Leviticus and Deuteronomy twirling my beads

    the daily mass whore gets lots of experience praying with different congregations, priests, worship styles. I've been around the fruitcakes and the wacky priests who change the liturgy to say 'she' instead of 'He', 'Mother' instead of 'Father' or my 'sisters and brothers' instead of brethren or brothers and sisters. Let's elevate woman in this way. Let's make her not equal to man, but superior, HA HA HA! Then she shall be happy and no longer badger anyone. Really?
I remind myself God chose to be a man. He chose.
I also remind myself that he chose to be born of a woman. In so doing he elevated woman in a way words would never do.
So pray however you like. I'll pray with you but not to be superior to man. I only want to be his partner, and if you really want to know I would just love for him to be a hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment