Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My daily med (Lk 4:40ish)

  "The crowds went looking for him, and when they came to him,
  they tried to prevent him from leaving them"

Ain't that the truth! I know when I'm having a Jesus moment I don't want to be distracted or interrupted, but I'm selfish that way. It's good to spend that intimate time in prayer and the sacraments, but this reminds me that I can't stay there. My place is serving him in my marriage, my family and those he's put in my life. This inevitably involves me being distracted and interrupted.
   Am I mindful in those moments that it all serves a purpose? It makes me think that if I can keep in mind that it's Him I serve so that His kingdom may come, then no task can be mundane and no distraction really distracting. Although, my feelings may disagree with that assessment! Feelings can be such a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment