Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Marriage

     We've had more than a few couples comment to us that we are their 'model'. Is it how we compromise (what's his is mine and what's mine is mine - eh, it works), or how we parent ('dad, help it's heavy' - Grow stronger)?

I was looking at a photo of us and I had to laugh because...

under no circumstances would I ever mistake us as a couple, EVER!

He's Irish. I'm mexican. He's white. I'm wheat. He's daring. I'm not. He's serious. I'm silly. He's dry humor. I'm Monty Python. Our spiritualities are even different! Every other couple I meet I can go "yep, I can see that". They even look alike in certain ways or have other similar traits, politics, religion, whatever, but perhaps we do share something in common.

I'd prefer to do or have things that we don't but it's not more important to me than our marriage so I keep my silence (sometimes I can do that!). I'm certain there are things he'd rather have/not have/do/not do but he's never had a need to share that with me.

I for one am grateful! It's hard enough trying to fulfill the needs&desires of everyone else tugging on me that it's nice to have someplace to go where no one makes those demands. I'm lucky enough not only to have a husband but also friends who do that for me.

I just hope I do the same for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment