Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chuppy, wuppy, puppy

    
Gross!!! I know where that tongue has been!

Nevertheless, she's a good chuppy! We'll have had her 15 years this November. When we got her from the pound, she had been mistreated and abused. I can't imagine how or why anyone would have frightened her the way they did, but it took her some time to figure out that just because I was cross with her I wasn't going to hit her. It also took us a little while to adjust to her thieving ways.
These days she sleeps a lot, and I'm not so sure she can see very well anymore, but we do let her know from time to time that it's ok for her to go to the light. Papa gets particularly encouraging of this journey and even offers to speed her along her way after she takes to relieving her bladder discomfort in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment