Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My daily med (Mi5:1-4)

     From you (who are too small) shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel.

Oh, the paradoxes of God. Think of it! The big bang theory: in one fell swoop the universe came to be already with the imprint of what it should be. Had it expanded a fraction faster/slower we wouldn’t be here. At conception, we have the genetic imprint of our being. Although the genetic expression of that being will come later, the blueprint is already there for our rise as we grow and genes express themselves and our fall as we age.
It’s an ever present reminder to me not to judge what I see based on what I see because not as man sees does God see for God sees into the heart, which is both reassuring and frightening much like Joseph’s fear. What was more terrifying, divorcing Mary quietly or taking her as his wife knowing she was the mother of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment