Sunday, September 12, 2010

    From this shortly after the end of the occupation (WWII)
to this .
Just wow! The inside is amazing and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately the pews were empty a seemingly growing concern in Europe. However, just a few minutes down the road I worshiped with people who were on FIRE with love! I walked in and although there was no welcome committee, no greeter, I immediately felt welcomed. Was it the music, the singing (mediocre at best), the preaching, the building (whitewashed cinder blocks), cobblestone floors, wooden kneelers?
It was the reverence given during the mass and to the Holy Eucharist by no less than everyone even those kneeling on the floor because all the seats with kneelers were taken. I left there thinking, I want to be part of THAT community! Oh wait, I am!
Worship like you mean it and you'll change the world! It sure changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment