Monday, April 30, 2012

Oh sweetie, what am I going to do with you?

Kids keep you humble and apparently I keep myself humble.  Two quick stories:

Monkeyboy saved up and bought himself an air soft gun (essentially a modified bb gun that shoots rubber pellets). The cashier needed my date of birth and so Monkey does the math and announces my age to the whole store (because he only has one volume - loud) with, "Mom, you're either 40 or 41." Yes. Yes I am. Thanks sweetie.

I slept in late on Sunday and as a result went to mass on my own since the kids served at the earlier mass. Apparently during 'my mass' they were having annointing of the sick. So I walk in behind a lady who I overhead being instructed, ' We're asking those who are being annointed to sit on the right side of the church.'

Well I wasn't getting annointed so off I go to the left hand side. I did notice the pews were marked off, every other pew was blocked. Strange. I found an empty pew and shoved myself to the middle - because I'm trying to be considerate to my fellow mass goers and no one likes sitting in the middle. Considerate me. A lady with a cross ( the special ones they are handing out to those who are being annointed) sits next to me. I think to myself - 'lady you're on the wrong side', eh but I'll mind my own business and do my little prayers. As mass starts I notice more and more little white cross wearing people are filling in around me. Hmmm. Remember, I'm in the middle of the pew! It dawns on me, I am on the wrong side of the church. So there I sat sheepishly as everyone around me got annointed. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment