Friday, April 6, 2012

There is NO mass today!

- What time is mass?
- There is no mass today. Jesus died. There is no Holy sacrifice of the mass celebrated today.

The church was so empty. It wasn't an emptyness devoid of people because the place was full of people. Well not full but you get the idea. Seeing the empty tabernacle, the bare altar, the empty holy water fonts, the draped crucifix just struck me of emptiness.

In reality whatever suffering I have ever had to endure doesn't even begin to be what I've merited. God's been quite soft on me. I don't like going to the dentist because I know it's not going to go well for me. I get poked and proded and it's going to hurt but it's necessary so that I get better, so that the infection gets wiped away. My husband might hold my hand (for all the good that does) but it still hurts. That's what God the Father did in Jesus. He asked him to take on all our burdens of sin, all my failures and take them on himself so that I could get better. He stayed with him all throughout the crucifixion never once leaving him so that I could get better. So we're off to celebrate that blessed event because through his wounds, we are healed and that's why it's called Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment