Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why I need kids

1. I have a lot of dodgy tv shows that I like to watch. Kids make me rethink my need to watch shows that I don't like to let them watch : Burn Notice, Psych, Touch, basically anything but Disney

2. I love to play video games. Kids are a good excuse to go buy games. I caved and bought skylanders. It's AWESOME!

3. I need house elves. House elves are good for finding shoes, sunglasses, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, sweeping and I only pay $10/week and THEY think they are getting a deal!

4. They save me money because I learn all sorts of things like how to make duct tape flowers. (Oh, spoiler alert, mom is getting a dozen duct tape flowers for Mother's day.) I saved $80 on flowers.

5. I need to laugh. Last night in the middle of saying my prayers I hear over the Harry Potter audio disc that the kids play at night before they go to bed, Peachy singing her little heart out. No idea what she was belting out but it was super cute.

6. I need reminders that I don't need to take myself so seriously. Monkeyboy and I have been in whoopie cushion challenges. I've been getting him at the most inopportune times so he tried to get me back by putting a whoopie cushion in my bed, except that Papa got it instead.

7. They bring me face to face with God. When I'm cranky or in a foul mood, the first thing the kids pray for is me and that changes my disposition immediately. Just knowing that they reach out to Him in their moment of need for me, well it's humbling.

8. I need to be loved. I need hugs. I need kisses. I think I would soon perish if I didn't get a hug. Seriously, though it's not so much that I need to be loved as I NEED to love. Random people tend not to appreciate my outward displays of affection. My kids don't mind my affection, plus they tend not to call the police when I reach out to hug or kiss them.

9. No amount of charity work or service makes me give as much as giving to a monkey and a peach. 

10. Work sometimes feels like work, you know it can be a chore but most of the time what I do, I really love and it doesn't feel like work. I spend my days and nights arranging stuff for work and I keep asking myself 'when are you going to go to work because you haven't worked yet?'. I do all sorts of work related stuff but it doesn't feel like work. I do what I love. My family is like that. I love being a mom, a wife, a friend because it doesn't feel like work. It feels like home and it wouldn't be home without them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment