Friday, May 18, 2012

There are some days that I am super proud of myself.

Today is one of those days.

I have to admit though, that it's not so much me I'm proud of but rather the fact that something happened through me. That's awesome. Read on...

We ran an errand earlier today with the kids and as Papa yelled back at the kids because they once again had their feet all over the car, I tacked on a little homework assignment, an essay on their total lack of respect for things, each other, blah blah blah. Oh, the theatrics from the Peach who had finished today's assignments yesterday! It was ON! She thought she had a free day today because she had done her homework. So she protested, "WHAT?!? THAT'S NOT FAIR! I DO..."
So I calmly retorted "Thank you. That will be two pages from you and one from you monkeyboy." - The response fell quite silent from there on out except that Monkey can never leave her alone. So he bragged and rubbed her nose in the fact that he only had to do 1 page.

As we arrived home I added to his homework to find not 1 but two bible passages that speaks to him about his behavior in the car and to explain those passages and how he did or did not live that out.

About an hour later Papa comes down to tell me Peachy found the tiniest notebook she could find to write her essay and he disabused her of the idea that a 1 page essay from that would be ok. Then he says, "Well I don't know about her because she's just sitting there but at least Monkeyboy is reading the Bible." 

I'm sure any number of pastors would disapprove of my assignment but they can just suck it! I'm highly amused with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment