Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Monkeyboy madness

My son, aka monkeyboy has this habit of taking off his headgear (for his braces) at night when he's dead asleep. The boy sleeps like a log. He can be woken up at night easily and drift right back to sleep but that interim time is absolutely wasted on reasonable conversation. I noticed last night when I went to bless him that his headgear was missing so I quietly patted his cheek and said 'Oh, Papa'll be in to see you, won't that be fun?' and went to my bedroom and waited for the Drill Sergeant to check on his little charges and while I sat quietly this was the exchange I overheard:
    Papa: Get up!
  Monkeyness: YEAH. YEAH. It's OK.
  Papa: You took off your headgear. Put it on.
  Monkeyness:It's on. It's on. I'm ok.
    Papa: Get up! You're headgear. You took it off.
  Monkeyness: I'm UP!! I don't have the book.
    Papa: Here it is. Put it on!
  Monkeyness: I KNOW!!!
    Papa: Goodnight buddy!

Is it bad of me that I just sit in silence chuckling?? It used to be Papa would argue with him until I mentioned 'um hunny, he's fast asleep and completely clueless. Don't argue with him.' That's when drill sergeant stepped up. Yes I AM a total wimp about waking him up which is why I delegate that task to the drill sergeant. I, much like Hobbes, am there for the cuddles and the smooches.

No comments:

Post a Comment