Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's Lent! The pagans are coming!

My pagan coffee buddy recently noticed that I've been refraining from partaking of our afternoon oreos with coffee. He assumed I was on a diet so when he pressed me I revealed 'well it's Lent and I gave it up'.
He was shocked and pressed me further to find out that skipping oreos were the least of my penitential practices this Lenten season and as I'll be traveling to Europe shortly he commented how stupid that was since I wouldn't be able to partake of all the luscious pastries available abroad. He pulled out his smartphone and proceeded to tempt me with all sorts of dessert pictures and I just smiled until he said to a colleague, 'She gave up all this stuff for Lent. I thought maybe she was on a diet, and that'd be ok, but she gave it up for Lent. That's just stupid!'

'Oh, really!' I retorted. 'You give up all sorts of stupid stuff and do all sorts of stupid things for your girlfriend because you love her and you're gonna tell me I can't do something equally extraordinary for someone I love?'

My how the tables turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment