Thursday, March 10, 2011

There's a little black band on my wrist today...

The Archdiocese of Denver is handing out little black wrist bands as a Lenten reminder and I just love the quote from the founding priests who said:
"Oh, there's a lot enthusiasm on Ash Wednesday," said Father Randy Dollins of St. Mary Catholic Church in Frisco, who developed the Sacrificium program. "Much more, let's say, than there is on the fourth Sunday of Lent!"

Yeah, by the 4th Sunday of Lent, I'm usually wondering when will the ordeal end, and judging by the typical Ash Wednesday mass turnout I'd say he's right on target. Ok and while I'm onthe subject, who shows up for mass just to receive the ashes and then heads home. What's the point there? I don't get it. That really blew me away. Seriously, you showed up just for the ashes. Well, at least they showed up and I have something else to pray for: metanoia, metanoia, metanoia, because apparently I need it.

If you haven't seen it, here's Nick Alexander's hit from last year on these forty days which inspired the blog title, "There's a little black dot on my head today.."

No comments:

Post a Comment