Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blessed are the meek for they have the power to rip your lungs out and the self control to restrain themselves.

I spend groupie time at the airport waiting for a flight crew to show so I could start my international travel, like some teenager waiting for Justin Bieber. In the end my family crew showed up to take me home.
Monkey boy said 'You're back! your back! I missed you! Did you bring back my cookies?
Peachy cooed, 'Four weeks went by so fast mom! I'm so glad your home. I missed you.'

They missed me for a whole 7 hours and hugged me like I was gone for a month.

Jesus, sweetheart, I love you but seriously that was a rough 36 hours of travel with more ups and downs than a roller coaster. I'm upgraded, I'm not, I am, I'm not, rude agents, flight delays.
I have a very small understanding of how freaking difficult it is to be meek. Wanting to cuss someone out, yell at them and then to restrain yourself and utter a blessing instead is the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. It tops giving birth without anesthetics. Seriously. Anyone who thinks it's easy to be meek has never once tried it. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment