Friday, June 15, 2012

Top ten reasons not to say "Jesus, suck it!"

Here are the top 10 reasons why I should never be angry with God:
1. He's never wrong.
This makes me quite irritable at times. In fact it makes me even more cranky really but I have to stand in awe of his stats!

2. He just might decide to play fair.
I don't even want to consider what I would fairly deserve for all of my actions over my lifetime if he suddenly decided to play fair and grant me what fairness would dictate I should have. I'll take his mercy, every day. Thank God I can't exhaust his mercy, but I'm trying!

3. You will live to regret it.
Argue with him and you WILL grow in ways you never imagined. That being said, there are less painful ways to grow but sadly many of us need the holy 2x4 to whack us upside the head.

4. He makes the rules.
Which is why he has phenomenal stats. See #1.

5. He'll let you be angry with him.
It really doesn't bother him at all if I'm angry with him. It bothers me and that bothers me!

6. There's no excuse you can make to justify yourself
 other than mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

7. He gives. He takes away.
Get over it or lump it.

8. You will always end up needing to apologize
This is because of #1.

9. When you get to #8, trust me there isn't even the possibility of make-up sex.
Which brings me to visit my confessor. In full disclosure however I don't do make-up sex. It's really rather mundane. I much prefer full on holy sex. It still falls short of heaven but eh.

and finally why I should never be angry with God:
10. Jesus never did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment