Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Can you just shut up?

Oh, nevermind. I found the remote.

I'm a sports fan, not a fanatic, a fan. I'm not necessarily an NBA fan but I have watched with bemusement at OKC's run in the finals and they have been impressive. I've said all along to my friends and co-workers who can't stand LeBron James that I'm sorry, he's just a talented guy with talent on loan from God. I left out the part that I thought he'd be winning a title this year. No need to rub salt in the wound. I'm not an LBJ fan, I just call them like I see them.

These OKC/Heat games and announcers/ media are driving me crazy - short trip! I love watching/listening to Mike and Ike in the morning(ok it's mike and mike but ike is way cooler) but they are driving me to shut them off until they get off of their "NBA finals" rants cause I just can't stand it any longer.

Here's why:
1. The officiating, has been just a tad blatantly slanted towards LBJ. Seriously when your that talented do you want to even have the "appearance" of impropriety? It'll draw back from the talent that is already there. And yes, the officiating has been good for the most part but when the officials get told "No one's paying to see Kevin Durant on the sidelines", you think that's a helpful statement for the game. Then the blatant calls on anyone BUT Durant when fouling LBJ is just an embarrassment. What does the media say "yeah the Heat are getting a few calls their way but that doesn't change the outcome of a series" - Dude when the teams are that evenly matched, a few calls is all it takes to tip the balance.

2. LBJ will win 1 and then please can everyone just shut it! After A-ROiD finally won the series with the Yanks, yes everyone finally shut up and it became a non story so that everyone could get back to hating the Yankees. Seriously, does anyone really like that team outside of NY? (I have friends from other states congratulating me when my teams beat them!) We are united in our utter contempt of the Yanks and I'm sure it will be the same with LBJ. He can win, but that won't change the fact that most people think he's a douche-bag.

3. End the drama. Guys think they don't have drama. Puh-leeeese. Spare me. You guys are so freakin' dramatic. It's just not how girls are dramatic. Guys have their drama. Mike and Ike have been drama. Magic Johnson's comments, please dude stop, just stop. Take off your Richard Simmons spandex leotard and just stop. "I want to see him win." "It'll be good for him to finally get the win." "They're going to pull it out and get the win and then King James will finally get that prize!" What I tend to like about guys is that they can be clear thinking, factual and not get caught up in the emotive drama that chicks get drawn into but man, put a ball in play or boobs in the vicinity and they get all irrational.


My final take is that the Heat may win one, but OKC which is the real story here will win several. They have talent in a bottle, on a budget, working like a well oiled machine. Perhaps they lack the wisdom experience brings when playing in the finals but who on earth ever ever expected to see them in the Finals? The Heat (not LBJ, he's part of the team folks and he's finally playing like he's part of a team) might get the win but in the end it's the Thunder that steals the show. If they keep that team together, we will be seeing a whole lot more of them for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment