Friday, January 6, 2012

Morning coffee with God

I got home a few days ago from mass as husband was finishing his morning meditation. I think he appreciates that I leave in the mornings to celebrate mass because it affords him a silent moment to enjoy coffee with God. To be quite honest I'm a little jealous of his coffee time with God but this particular morning he was a bit unsettled. So I asked...Turns out his meditation ended with the question ' Do you trust that God knows what he's doing in your life?'
To which I blurted out, 'Hell no!' and husband responded 'Exactly! Now I'm stuck for the rest of the day left to chew on that!'

Hmmm. I can say 'I trust' but there's an incompletion if word doesn't make it to action. The action makes it truly present such as 'The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us', or the son who did the father's will even though he said he wouldn't vs the son who didn't do the father's will even though he said he would.

If I trusted God...
   I would worry only about disappointing Him.
   Nothing but discerning and doing His will would concern me.
   Out of love and devotion I would fear offending Him.
   I would be completely dependent on Him.
   My attention would always be on knowing, loving and serving Him.
   Doing His will in all things would be the only thing that mattered to me.

So indeed, that's a lot to chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment