Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jesus' eclectic taste in candles

We have a small altar at home. It's not something I set out to have (Ok I wanted one but I thought it would be  planned and elegant), but the one we have just sort of happened. Initially I put the kids baptismal candles on it as decoration. Then one of the rosaries that I used to pray with when my brother was dying found it's home there. The day a relic (on loan) came to us was when it turned into an altar. This very precious Madonna and child that came to us was the last addition.
Prayers are said here every morning. I reverence the relic every time I pass it and a funny thing has happened. The kids stop here to pray too, especially when it's a rough day. When Peach came home with a very special candle creation, she wanted to find it a home.

Apparently Jesus is now into very eclectic candles because she was very excited to place it on the altar!

No comments:

Post a Comment