Monday, September 26, 2011

I am the worlds' second worst hair stylist!

The Peach pit has this American Girl doll Hair book that monkeyboy gave her for Christmas a couple of years back. At this point the book is raggedy and worn because she has made me do just about every hair style in that book. I'm very grateful for the pictures and the step by step instructions. God has been very good to me. My hair is simple to arrange. People ask me all the time what I do to my hair and they take my reply as arrogance because I usually say "I wash it." Seriously, my hair is long and curly. You don't brush curly hair. You just don't. It's not pretty. I did it once for Halloween and the kids are still laughing about that one. I was the lunch lady. I had spoons, hangers, and assorted kitchen items in my hair that year.

This morning I was helping the peach pit with her hair all the while thinking "I have to be the worlds' worst hairstylist' but somehow I manage to pull off acrobatic feats of hair styling when I notice the hair in her face needed to be pulled back. So I asked her if she had a barrette or clip so we could tame her wild strands. That's when husband announces: "I have a chip clip!". It was also the moment I realized that I am the worlds' second worst hair stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment