Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fasting Day 3: It makes me Catholic

Lord knows I needed the good Archbishops's words today to bolster my resolve to fast. I do things better in community: eat, play wii, exercise, pray, and fast. I take courage not because I'm not alone, but seeing someone else's faith and virtues at work, yes even while playing wii games, helps me learn how to be a better Catholic Christian, how to be a better person and it helps teach me, tangibly the steps I need to take to grow.

Fasting while centering on God is uncomfortable, takes planning, perseverance and in general, it's not fun, which is why so many people don't do it. However, the benefits gained in disciplining your senses and growing in virtue surpasses any inconvenience! It's like walking into God's virtue shop with a few pennies and walking out with overflowing shopping bags. Right now I seem to have a bunch of kits in hand that I need to put together. I somehow think this is going to require repeat trips to the shop for advice.
He's a very generous lover, but he's also very sneaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment