Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fasting: Day 2

I want chinese, badly. I'm really a bit of a wimp considering this is day 2 of a 3 day fast. It was suppose to be a week, but my buddy's birthday is Friday and I promised him we wouldn't fast on or near his birthday when we first discussed fasting a few weeks ago... then I went and asked if we could fast on his birthday week.

Fasting is always a surprise to me when paired with prayer. It certainly does de-clutter so I can see things better. I was noticing this pattern in my daily life that I don't think I'd have seen otherwise. Instead of waiting patiently, I tend to act rather bruskly. Sometimes quick action is necessary, as in an emergency. However that is the exception, not the norm. I always thought waiting/not acting was a sign of laziness and perhaps it can be, but there is a difference between laziness and patient endurance for the right moment. So that's my chinese take away for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment