Monday, August 15, 2011

Fasting: Day 1

I really hate fasting. The hunger pangs, the wanting stuff mostly junk to satisfy my hunger, my wants, I hate it. I decided to start a fast because my discipline has grown weak over time. I cheated a little here, a little there and the next thing I knew was that I was having a treat with or in between meals so much so that I felt sluggish and irritable because of my eating habits.
A friend of mine and I decided to fast. He's a diabetic so our fasts entails eating fruits, veg and lean meats only. I have better results when I have a partner in crime and it must have been a moment of weakness for him too to say yes to a fast because now I'm thinking there was nothing wrong with my eating habits.

Those two packages of oreos I have in my desk look awfully yummy right now, especially given that my apple was a little on the rotten side. I had to pitch it. Although right now the remnants of my apple look really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment