Monday, July 25, 2011

Susan Boyle, I am not.

That having been said, it doesn't stop me from making a joyful noise during mass. I'm singing to my Lord and Savior with the voice that he gave me in gratitude for the things he's done for me. If you don't like it, well pick up the hymnal buddy and start singing. I promise you won't hear me over the off-keyness of you. Really and truly. 

This weekend I got the looks. Men turning around, to see who was singing like that. I like to think they were enraptured by my joyful melodic orations, but truth is I don't care. Mass is the highest form of prayer we have in our arsenal so I don't show up as a spectator!

I remember the time I told the kids that whoever sang the joyfullest (Is that a word? I'm playing it in Scrabble!) for the recessional hymn would get donuts. Oh, you should have seen those looks! (from husband) It turns out Peach couldn't quite read to keep up and Monkey boy didn't care what he sang, so they mostly made up the words as loud as they could. Now THAT was a spectacle! I was laughing so hard I couldn't sing, but I WAS making a joyful noise.

Every time mass ends I kind of have to restrain myself from making a truly joyful spectacle. Remember those Herbal Essence Shampoo commercials where the babe washes her hair and screams out 'Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!'? Well that certainly would make mens' heads turn to see what was happening. 

refrain: Sing it like you mean it and eventually you'll mean it when you sing it! (Repeat refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment