Saturday, July 23, 2011

The kingdom of heaven

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again,
and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Mt 13:44

Out of joy! What's your treasure? What's mine? Sometimes I think my husband should be a very jealous man because I love no man, I long for no man, I desire no man like I love, long for and desire Jesus. He is a very difficult man to love, Jesus. He is a hard one to satisfy but oh so easy to please. How I love to please him!

He takes pleasure in the little things, like when I pray for an enemy at my expense and sacrifice, when I give up something very special to me to benefit someone else, when I inconvenience my schedule because someone needs my time and attention. Praying for an enemy is easy, "Jesus bless .." but to pray 'Jesus, may they be happier than me, make my friends their friend, even if that means I lose a friend. Would you do that for me Jesus?' 
Does it hurt to pray like that? Yep, because it's a personal investment and involvement, but it's also exhilarating. I guess that what they mean by out of joy they go and buy that field. I've got to be willing to give up something if I want the better part and I'll end up with the infintely better deal because God is the world's most generous and amazing lover! Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment