Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My morning med

It used to be that husband would give me strange looks (well he still does) but this was because I would get up at 5 am find a quiet spot and pray, meditate and start my day. It was a beautiful habit but not quite a virtue because I dropped that habit in lieu of sleeping. The only prayer I've been able to maintain at that early hour of the morning is the one that is set aside for the intention of others. That one I habitually manage to maintain. Woohoo 1 virtue!!!

When I ponder it, I find my day is always better when I make the effort to get in my prayer time (and mass), but I often struggle with the discipline it takes to maintain a prayer life. So how to do it? I guess there is no easy way, which is why it takes discipline. This morning I set no less than 3 alarms, 2 of which I managed not to be able to turn off so they went off 5 times. I got in all my morning prayers, meditation and THEN went back to bed.

I still managed to make it out of the house earlier than I otherwise would have. I have no idea how that happened but it kind of makes me want to try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment