Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Corapi: The self-proclaimed Black Sheepdog's done shed more than just his collar

He's shed his obedience, his humility, his vows and his trousers. Anyone else amused that the initials for his self-proclaimed title is non other than 'BS'?

If you haven't heard, the SOLT's  issued a press release.
Corapi issued a statement to that press release.
Loads of  people have commented
The Deacon's bench
The Anchoress.
Blogger Priest
Mark Shea

What's striking about the entire affair is that the SOLT's would still take him back. Come home. What's amusing about his response is the whole Monica Lewinsky overtones in his statement, 'I never had relations with that woman' because it all comes down to what 'is' is', doesn't it? Then there's the entire aspect of what he didn't say, what accusations he's not contesting. Please. Spare us. Spare the church. Come home. 'nuf said.

Now, should we be shocked that the same troubles that plagued him prior to his BS days have come back up? Not at all. If I look into my life and examine my sins, what strikes me is not the blatant outright bounty of sins I have, but the manner in which Jesus has used those sins to redeem me. It's just like what he did with Peter in my 'Do you love me?' post. He's given me those same opportunities as before only this time I know the risen Christ in a way I didn't know him when I was gorging on my sins. Sometimes I fail. Ok more than sometimes. Sometimes I downright relapse (so it makes my falls all the more painful and humiliating), but the wonder is that he's there to pick me up in my shame, my humiliation, my exasperation and my weakness, and he grants me pardon and peace in the sacrament of reconciliation. I don't deserve it. None of us do, but our God will not be outdone in generosity and I will not be outdone in humiliation, unfortunately. I am a wretched sinner, and I knows it. What else can I say or do?

Pray for but do not follow the BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment