Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life is too short for crappy liturgy

Oh too short for crappy liturgy. I just found myself getting angrier and angrier sitting through mass, and I have to admit it wasn't all that bad. The bishop and the entire tribe of Levi were concelebrating and mass itself was divine. The distribution of Jesus in the eucharist should have been better handled. Seriously, the pope can manage distribution of Jesus at the old Yankee Stadium but the entire tribe of Levi in a Cathedral can't seem to distribute Jesus. I had no idea what was up with that.
When you're in a Bishop's Cathedral, you kind of expect decent liturgy and music. Maybe I just need to lower my standards when I walk into the diocese's cathedral.
The organ was either out of tune or the organist was hitting the wrong notes, either way, it was bad and way too loud. The female cantor, oh I can't say anything nice, well she could sing in public. I think the best thing that could have happened would have been if there had been no music.

It was gaudy, awful music. Loud organ playing offkey, shrill woman singing, okay and when you have the entire tribe of Levi present and accounted for(all the priests - for those who don't have a clue what the entire tribe of Levi references), there is no reason why Jesus in the Eucharist can't be distributed with a bit of efficiency. Oh, it was like standing in line for rice in communist China during a famine, good grief.

I found myself praying 'Just shut up and give me Jesus! Shut up, give me Jesus. Shut up!' I may need to revisit the sacrament of reconciliation but then again I'm pretty sure that Jesus dislikes crappy liturgy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment