Thursday, April 21, 2011

I can't even fathom...

We've been praying for a colleague who's son(11yrs old) has neuroblastoma. He went for surgery yesterday and it was intense, 12+ hrs in the OR. They removed lymph nodes in the childs neck, and a mass from the abdomen. His kidney was spared and they took biopsies as well. He's recovering as well as can be expected, but I can't even fathom what that little guy is going through. When you go through something like that I suppose you don't consider yourself brave. You just look at your next step, one step at a time. It reminds me of childbirth and labor. When you are in it, you have no choice. There is no you. There is only what must be done, and you ride it out allowing it to happen. There is no other way through except to endure and trust those around you. Truly, I have a great admiration for this childlike quality, and I can't help but think what a brave little man he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment