Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Celibacy is not for me

It occurs to me when I think how I relate to God that it's far more important how he relates to me. When I see how he relates to me, it just makes me go 'wow, you do think of just about everything don't you?'.
I get wistful at times that I'm married with kids when I tend to be a lousy mother and an even worse wife. I persistently think I would have made a much better celibate because of the perks that come with celibacy, the ability to make deep lasting relationships, the ability to concentrate or spend time developing thoughts, working, being deeply involved and committed. Then it finally dawned on me that I would have made a quite miserable celibate and not because of sex.

Okay, I'm latin and yes very passionate but once you have God, sex is ...well ... passe. It's good and I love my husband, but I also understand that exercising our marital rights is not the ultimate good, only God is. A heathen would never say such a thing but seriously once you have God, you don't want to go back, ever. God is really that good, better actually! If you haven't fostered a relationship with God, you should give it a try. God will leave you breathless.

No comments:

Post a Comment