Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy hair day

Yesterday the Peach pit and I went for a haircut, well a trim. We are both letting our hair grow out for Locks for Love which provides hairpieces to kids with cancer. Peachy was extremely excited to be going to a salon to get her hair trimmed. She's nine. I think when I was nine, I dreaded going anywhere near someone threatening to take scissors to my hair unless I was the one with the scissors. I'm weird that way but Peachy embodies so many distinctly beautiful feminine traits. Pride in her personal appearance is one of those things.

As the stylist finishes trimming the girls silky straight locks she asks her what she thinks. Peachy responds, "I like it, and I was wondering do you have any advice how to keep tangles out of my hair?"

Seriously at her age, my hair was a rat's nest. Really it was. Think thick, dry,  curly, did I mention thick hair. Oh it was a mess. Not once did I ever consider how to keep tangles out but I did consider how to take apart electronics and thermal coolers to see how they functioned... and did.

No comments:

Post a Comment