Friday, May 20, 2011

My Daily Med: "Have I been with you for so long a time

and you still do not know me?"
This passage reminds me of...gonna say it...wait for it...yep... Catholics.
Cradle catholics, those "been catholic my whole life", " I was raised Catholic", cafeteria Catholics, lillie and poinsetta catholics ( ACE catholics - advent, christmas, easter) whatever your personal favorite is, that's what the reading today speaks to me about and I'm not immune. I completly accuse myself of being guilty too.
The thing is each and every time we enter into the holy sacrifice of the mass, we have the opportunity to meet Jesus. It's not some abstract idea of a real presence. It's him in the flesh, body, blood soul and divinity and do we take the opportunity to meet him, to know him, to love him, to serve him each and every moment of our lives? The hard and fast truth is that every person that meets Christ is transformed. You never leave him the same way you came. Never! Read any of the Gospels. The magi, the first to meet our Lord, went home a different way. That's important! That should happen to us too.
So often it doesn't. Why is that? Is it because we never met him? Are we just like Philip who listened to Jesus' preaching, ate and drank at his table(Eucharist) and camped out with him (adoration) but never really met him/got to know him?

If we never knew him, who's fault is that? It takes 2 to enter into a relationship and it takes 2 to maintain that relationship. He's doing his part. Are you doing yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment