Saturday, May 7, 2011

Damn you Eric Clapton

I love Clapton music, his Yardbird days, Mayall days, Cream days, Winwood days, Derek and the Domino days and even his cocaine daze because it's part of who he is but damn him.

I put on a Clapton CD while winding down on Friday night and his Wonderful Tonight came on, not a bad song. I've always thought it a little hokey, a song written to help guys get laid. That's always been my opinion of it, but tonight it touched off a tearstorm.... because the fam is gone, because I'm in that part of my cycle that always warrants tears, because it reminded me of my husband, because I'm lonely...haven't felt lonely but who knows?

However in hindsight, I suppose it was perfect storm conditions, and I guess I should thank him for getting that over and done with quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment