Monday, October 11, 2010

Yes, I am Doctor


Yes, those are paper sticks in my hair. Look bud if your kids used your hair accessories for wands and you had as much hair as I do, you wouldn't look at me with such disdain, but as it is you're trying to utilize way too much gradient power for such a small field of view, either increase your bandwidth or increase your excitation volume. Yes, I am Dr. Warner, paper sticks and all.
When I was in Europe, I ran an experiment for my stateside colleague. I showed up at work in braided pigtails. Pigtails!!! My international physicist colleagues didn't even bat an eye and treated me like the colleague I am. In fact they didn't even notice the pigtails. They are as oblivious as my husband, and I love him all the more for that very reason. I explained to my stateside colleague, the same reaction to the pigtails would NEVER happen in the states. Never. I can show up naked for work in Europe, and it'd be the same. Although, I might get a lot of smiles and extra visitors. I'll refrain from conducting that experiment though.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I just buy sets of hair claws and keep them at work until I wear them all home and run out. Then I buy more. At home, they apparently go really well with flower hair clips in a saute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete