Thursday, October 7, 2010

In 30 seconds or less...

I asked Monkey boy last night: Why did God create you?
Without batting an eye, taking a breath or searching his mind, he rattled off ' to know him, love him, serve him and be happy with him'
"In heaven", I added. 'yep'

I stand in awe that God chose me to reveal to his children who God is and in so doing they reveal to me who God is. I ponder sometimes that soldiers don't go wandering aimlessly through a battlefield, players don't go on the field without a game plan, I don't go in unprepared when I need to make a presentation to my colleagues, so why should I go out in life not prepared or knowing my purpose, my mission? If I don't know what my purpose here on earth is, I'll wander aimlessly in and out of doors leading who know where. I'll be occupied for sure, but I'll never know nor complete my mission. More's the pity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment