Monday, October 4, 2010

How many times must I forgive?

Monkeyboy wanted to buy a remote controlled plane with the money burning a hole in his pocket. So off we went, only he sabotaged his purchase by terrorizing his sister. The next day we tried again only his behavior was an exact replica of the day prior. My response: I'm done! We've tried. You're not trying - don't ask again.
Hmmm... What is remarkable to me is that in my own life our Lord listens to me (He actually listens, which really anyone who listens to me should get a prize.), and forgives me each and every time I ask forgiveness, for the same stupid stuff I do.
This isn't a mute, name-less, face-less Lord, it's Jesus himself who hears me, who listens to me, who forgives me over and over and over again. He never tires of forgiving (my confessor - well that's probably a different story).

I guess we'll try for the plane again later this week and then again this weekend until we get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment