Monday, February 4, 2013

Whispered along the Sleeperbowl sidelines

Monkeyboy irritated me yesterday, again. He's a fan of the Crows (Ravens). I hate the stupid crows. I'm not a fan of Ray Lewis or that whole Atlanta incident. According to ESPN, the poor guy has had to endure talk of that incident all this week. Poor guy. Awww. Somehow it changed his whole life. This from the geniuses at ESPN. Idiots. The victims, well it might have impacted their life as well. But poor Ray Lewis. Nevertheless, I can't stand the stupid Crows.
Monkeyboy decided to rub it in that the Crows were winning yesterday in the 45 seconds of the game we watched . I just couldn't bring myself to give any of my time to that garbage - and I LOVE football. So I made him drop down and give me 20 push ups. Yep. I'm Mama. Don't taunt me in football, buddy!

We instead watched Big Bang and the Puppy Bowl - too cute btw. I loved the intentional growling penalty. It was fabulous! So last night after the stupid crows won - yes I had to watch the stupid game because I wanted to make sure Elementary was going to record - Stupid Crows, I went into Monkeyboy's room. He was FAST asleep. I mean he was out! As evidence of my Mommy Dearest streak and unlike Ray Lewis, here's my blatantly honest revelation: I woke him up and told him that his stupid Crows won and that he needed to give me 10 push ups.

Monkeyboy rubbed his eyes and said, "Ok". He starts climbing out of bed. I ask of course, "What are you doing?"
In a croaky sleep deprived voice he utters, "I'm getting out of bed to give you 10 push ups."

He is such a good boy, and I am so not worthy to be his mother. I made him get back in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment