Monday, February 11, 2013

Pope resigns? OMGag

 OMGag - Oh, my get a grip! The idiots over at NY times, oh I'm sorry that's an insult to idiots everywhere, had an uh what do you call it but an scathingly opinionated piece of tripe masquerading as a news item on the resignation of the Pope. Am I surprised? No, not really.

Get a grip guys! Seriously. Get a grip.

It takes an extraordinary amount of humility to step aside from well, anything. The pope has demonstrated that humility yet again to do what is best for the Church. He is once again showing his gift as a shepherd. Sometimes I don't know what planet The Times are on because I suspect it's not earth. The grass is not green in their world or maybe they smoke too much of it. I don't know. I suspect they haven't exercised any form of religious devotion because if they had, they'd recognize a shepherd. A shepherd doesn't do what he wants or what the sheep wants (approving homosexual unions, abortions, etc). He does the job entrusted to him as is necessary.  Our pontiff has reached out in ecumenical zeal to find what unites us from Jewish, Atheists (yes atheists), Episcopalians, Anglicans and on and on... Honestly, what solar system are yous guys in?

You know it took family taking away keys, an accident, family strife, and a court order to get my 80+ year old father in law to stop driving. Honestly it was impossible. His whole life he was an arrogant man. I love him anyway. It was extraordinarily difficult to get him to stop driving. My own father, 83, still refuses to slow down and puts his life in jeopardy as a result and worries my family and my mother. He refuses to listen to his body or anyone for that matter.

The pope has painstakingly prayed over this and in a quite detached manner removed himself from ministry as he is no longer fit to carry out the duties of the office. Have you read Jesus of Nazareth? Wow, this man's intellectual capacity to ponder and pray over things is amazing. I learn about his spirituality from reading his works and it's astounding. If you want to understand him and his spirituality, read his works. He is bathed in Scripture.

The Pope has announced he's handing the keys back to the guardian of the keys and soon the Holy Spirit through the college of Cardinals will select a new Pontiff. And you know what? We Catholics will celebrate him with the same passion and joy with which we welcomed Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger as The Holy Father back in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment