Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mrs. Romney

We at the IP don't generally vote, yes, please don't tell Padre Pio because I'd be in a whole mess of trouble. My husband hasn't missed an election probably ever and me I rarely watch or listen to political shtuff. I don't think I voted in the last election because I didn't bother to get my voters registration card. Generally I avoid it like the plague unless there's something that strikes my attention. Mrs. Romney got my attention.

Now in actuality I didn't watch the convention last night. I was working and trying to watch sports. I ran across the convention while she was speaking and it took me less than 1 minutes to figure out she's the real deal. I think I watched her for a total of 40 seconds, Christie for 15 seconds and Santorum for maybe 90 seconds - what can I say I was enthralled by the blue of his tie and I have a short attention span which is why I like sports.

Take football, it takes 3 hours to play 60 minutes of ball. Why does it take so long? Well there are lots of pauses: timeouts, ball spots, huddles, changes, halftime, tv timeouts. You don't have to pay attention to the whole thing, just key moments. So I watch in spurts and get the key moments. It's a gift.

So in my 40 seconds I figured out Mrs. Romney is genuine, actually that took less than 10 seconds. She's likeable and endearing.  Will it get me to vote for Mr. Romney? It'll make me take another look and believe me at this point I don't want to look at either of those 2 jokers (Romney/Obama) because I look at them and the only difference I see is one is white and the other is wheat but they are the same, essentially. Mrs. Romney made me consider that he's not white, he's complicated and THAT I get and understand. Also that's endearing. So I will look again... in 15 second spurts and this time I might even try to find stuff out about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment