Monday, March 26, 2012

Amazed

One of the more astounding things about being loved by Jesus is not so much how much he loves us but how much I miss. I can be so clueless at times. While I tend to be a fickle lover, He is ever subtle and tender. It's easy to forget him in the subtlety. I was meditating on one of my retreat passages when I was reminded he is closer to me than I am to myself. The very molecules that comprise my body he occupies, the clothes that embrace me is him too, the air I breath, the food I eat, the tea I drink - it's all him. He loves me so that he wants to be near me, comforting me, caressing me and how often I take it all for granted sometimes amazes me.

"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.” - StPatrick 

No comments:

Post a Comment