Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Discernment by 2x4

I'm back from retreat! We were discussing what we wanted to tell Jesus last night so I told the Peach pit how I longed for children who would clean my house. She said she longed to be an actress (dramatic hand gestures). Then she announces, 'Well we're both not getting what we want!'

Huh?!?!? Little girl, where did you come up with that! Just when I was starting to think, she's watching a little too much Disney channel, husband announces this morning, "Hmm, I'm pretty sure she got that from me. I use that line when they argue about their school work." 

It's his way of expressing a great philosophical truth. It doesn't matter what you want to do. It matters that you do what you've been called to do. That pretty much sums up my retreat experience. Thank you Jesus for your patience and the 2x4 wooden post you used to slap me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment