Monday, October 31, 2011

Anger management

I used to get so furious with the kids for doing or not doing what I expected. They know what is expected of them and sometimes they just fail. Instead of getting angry with them, I just get disappointed. Anger can be so superficial but disappointment cuts straight to the heart. When I examine anger fully, I see the true reason for my anger and it's then that I see shades of disappointment.

Both my work and church community verbally emphasize family time. However, I'm finding that I'm disappointed that only my work community puts action to words. I am expected to take time away from work and when I have a family commitment, work waits. It's understood and it's clear. I'm finding that more and more, my failures in church ministry come at least in part as a result of my family. Initially I was angry, up until the point when I examined it further and realized I was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment