Friday, June 17, 2011

The Litany of Mothers

My friends and I came up with this Litany from having to deal with our mothers, mother-in-laws and women in general. We all have challenging days with those wonderful ladies in our life, so just like good Christians, we decided to pray, sort of... It goes really well to John D. Becker's Litany of Saints, but it certainly doesn't carry an imprimatur so I wouldn't go making prayer cards for this one.

Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Queen Pouts a Lot, we pray for you.
Mother most cranky, we pray for you.
Woman incessantly needy, we pray for you.
Lady most irritable, we pray for you.
Mother-in-laws, we pray for you.
Draining our energy, we pray for you.
Perpetually unstable, we pray for you.
Mother most irrational, we pray for you.
All you cranky, grumpy women, we pray for you.



Yes, well I know my children if not already doing so, will be praying this litany for me too, and for the record, I do love being a Catholic nerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment