Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Some of my proud 2012 moments

#1 Getting my professional doctor type lab coat - its really sweet!
#2 Trying to be social. I am interminable introvert but now I am an official "twit" although I still struggle to be social. @MRTherapyDr in case you're interested
#3 I saw Jeff Dunham perform live. He's hysterical but I have to admit I was shocked at how many parents brought their kids - are you people insane???? Yes. There should NOT have been kids in the audience because while he is funny, the language and sexual themes are way too explicit for kids. I have no problem explaining things to my kids any topic, but protecting their innocence is something that should be important to people. Sadly I think the only people who are interested in children's innocence are pedophiles.
Now this is not my proudest moment but I have let the kids watch part of his shows. I edit them or breeze through scenes I don't think they should see. They then repeat his performances, bleeping themselves as they go. My son actually rolls his tongue when he gets to words the dummies say that they know are not to be repeated.

#4 I have colorful language around the house, especially during football season. While we were visiting a museum, I let something slip that I shouldn't have. The peach tells me (in the crowded entry way), "Mama! 5 push ups! Right there in the corner!"
With the whole museum watching, she outs me! Dang it!

Are you noticing a pattern? My proudest moments tend to follow low moments.
#5 Well this one is no exception. My kids who while serving mass, were blabbing to the other servers during communion. Now this blabbing involved explaining the "First Noel" parody "No L" or "No Well" or "No Whale". I was less than impressed with their behavior so why is it my proudest moment? Well I explained to them (after mass) that their behavior was inappropriate for mass and that they needed to apologize. So they sat down and apologized....to God, which is what I hoped for.

What are some of your proudest 2012 moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment