Monday, January 7, 2013

Hand me down cake

We went to an impromptu party at  the house of one of Monkeyboy's friends. It turned out it we were celebrating someone's birthday. So dear Bea sat in the birthday seat and the lights were extinguished. The only thing ablaze were the lights on her cake. We sang Happy Birthday and after the candles were extinguished someone mentioned it was Art's birthday. The candles re-lighted as they were the unextinguishable ones. Our host unceremoniously kicked Bea out of her birthday seat and invited Art to sit down.

Again we sang happy Birthday and by the time the candles re-lit, Art was kicked out of his seat so that Chris could sit down in the birthday spot. I could barely sing happy birthday as I was doubled over laughing because I have experience with hand me down clothes, but hand me down birthday cakes was new for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment