Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yep, he's a listening.

If you haven't read the Jesus, you listening? post, might want to do that before continuing.

My spiritual director used to say things (that thankfully I filed away) that made me gaze at him with incredulity. He looked at ME the same way at times (often, actually), but now I fear his looks of incredulity were more apropos than mine. He once told me as we discussed who knows what, that Jesus leapt to embrace his cross, such was his love that he LEAPT. Yeah, sure, whatever you say, was pretty much my silent response.
                                                    from the Passion of the Christ
I now have a small inkling with what joy our blessed Savior must have leapt with towards embracing that beloved cross. I came to realize something that Archbishop Sheen once noted and I paraphrase:
The spirit calls us to renounce old habits, but the flesh is reluctant to break those chains(boy ain't that the truth). Once these two (frustration and Divine Mercy) meet and the soul realizes that only God can provide what it lacks, a crisis is reached where a decision must be made. This crisis is crucial in that it involves a cross.

Realizing, finding, and embracing that cross brings sheer joy. However, it is preceded by utter madness, agony, pain, crisis, and anxiety. So realize, find and embrace it as quick as you can! Now it's your turn to say 'yeah, whatever you say'.

No comments:

Post a Comment