Saturday, August 23, 2014

How Catholic are you?

Our kids are purely and entirely unabashedly Catholic.

When my Monkeyboy woke up at 7 am on Sunday and asked if we could go to a later mass than the 8:30am mass, I realized he was Catholic.
During the week my monkeyboy struggles to get out of bed before 8 am but on Sunday he wakes up at 5 am so he can lounge before 8:30am mass (that he insists on attending - truth be told, he'd rather go to an earlier mass but the parental types refuse to wake up that early on Sunday).

Does your child ask for communion wafers for snacks?
We visited a Catholic book store and when Peach saw the altar bread, she asked for a few bags of bread for snack time. Seriously! She wanted me to pack communion wafers with her summer camp gear.

What is the first thing my kids say when they hear foul language?
Guilty, guilty, guilty. I have a potty mouth but Suits, one of my favorite shows, is known for taking God's name and damning everything in sight with it. So my kids have gotten into the habit of saying "Scourgify!" It's from Harry Potter and the reference is meant to cleanse.

Whose your favorite singer?
Well, I wouldn't go to great lengths to say Christian artists top the household favorites. In fact my son calls Crap Maher, sorry Matt Maher... Honestly, Maher one of my favorite artists and the Monkeyboy just knows that misusing his name annoys and irritates me. Peachy however said just the other day "I've been craving some Matt Maher tunes."

No comments:

Post a Comment