Thursday, August 26, 2010

My daily med (Mt 24/25)

     I guess Jesus' admonition to 'stay awake' in these passages is a reminder to me to stay alert and stay focused on His kingdom and not mine. Why do I find that so hard?

Here I am slogging through the spiritual life, feeling lost and confused and it doesn't matter which direction I turn, it always seems like the wrong way and worse yet, when I try to make sense of it, it's like staring at my spaghetti code at work (C++ reference) which is in much better shape than my spiritual life. I admit sometimes I find gliding through the spiritual life is natural, like riding a bike and sometimes it's tough, like wiping out on said bike Whistling.
What's a girl to do? Trust that my JPS (Jesus Positioning System: the church and the sacraments) will recalculate a route that keeps me right on track with my final destination even when I'm lost and confused or perhaps especially when I'm lost and confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment