Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Helen Gurley Brown vs Nellie Grey

I have been traveling in and out of the country. While on my travels I ran across this article in USA Today.

I was floored because
- it was essentially a piece about the differences about abortion rights vs human rights
- it was an article posted in USA today
- it was very well articulated
- it was honest and truthful avoiding emotional attacks or personal insults
- the author was in a sense detached from the entanglements that can snare people when you discuss this subject

Let's face it, this issue gets people riled up regardless what side you take. The abortion advocates can be just as mean and nasty as some of your more lunatic human rights advocate. Recently though I have noticed this shift in the human rights activists. In all honesty I think more people have joined the cause. These are the ones who have stayed away because of the stigma attached to the human rights advocates, the outlandish ones. More and more women who've had abortions have come out regretting their actions. I've met a few and their stories are heartbreaking. I tell them how much they are loved. If a fallen being like me can reach out in compassion to them and hurt for their pain, how much more must God love them?

Finally though I was floored by who wrote it, mainly because of the author's detachment. I thought to myself, how much have they grown and how much has that tune changed?

Then I was just amazed and very very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment